Last updated: 1st September, 2020
Clarifruit’s Privacy Philosophy
Your privacy is important to Clarifruit. Therefore, we have chosen to undertake appropriate safeguards to protect our users’ account information. Nevertheless, Clarifruit cannot, unfortunately, guarantee the security of users’ account information because factors such as hardware and software failure, unauthorized access to our servers or our users’ accounts, and other factors, may compromise the security of our users’ account information. We welcome any comments and suggestions for improvement at: [email protected]
Collection of Personal Information
We collect information in three basic ways:
- We collect information that you voluntarily provide to become a registered user of our Service, and when you use certain aspects of our Service (e.g. entering a full name and an email address on your Clarifruit account).
- We collect location information when you use the Service. For example, when you scan or take a sample or a photo of an agricultural product, we keep track of their location. The location information is not intended for tracking users, but to correlate the location of the scans, samples or photos. You can stop sharing location information at any time by changing the settings in your mobile device. For further information please consult your device’s manual.
- When you browse or use our Service, technological tools including “Log Data” and “Cookies” collect certain information, as explained in the following section.
What Information We Collect and for What Purposes
- Personal information. When you register with us through the Service to become a registered User of Clarifruit, we will ask you for certain information about you that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your full name, email address and location information.
We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your “Non-Identifying Information,” see below) to provide the Service to you. For example:
– Account registration. We create your User account for your use of the Service based upon the Personal Information you provide.
– Access to information generated by you through the Service. We provide you access to the information you provide or generate when you use the Service, such as the information you generate in the Service when you make a scan or take a sample or a photo of an agricultural product.
– Communications. We use your Personal Information to contact you with Clarifruit newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
– Customer service. We use your Personal Information to respond to your questions and/or inquiries and to improve your customer experience.
- Non-Identifying Information. We also collect other information that you provide as part of registration, the operation, and usage of the Services, as well as any other content or data that cannot reasonably be used to identify or contact you (“Non-Identifying Information”). Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be personally identified or contacted. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other Non-Identifying Information. For example: scan, photo or sample of an agricultural product may be shared in a non-identifying way as Non-Identifying Information, across users, for statistical purposes.
- Log Data. When you visit the Service, our servers automatically record information that your device sends whenever you use the Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as the device type, system and application software, IMSI/IMEI info, access times and dates, technical data, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Service and the Service’s technical administration, to increase our Service’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor our Service to our visitors’ needs.
- Cookies. Like many online services, Clarifruit may use “cookies” on our Service to collect information about website usage and activity, such as extent of services users and frequency of use. We use this information to further improve our services. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer or mobile device’s memory.
How We Share Your Personal Information
- Clarifruit users. When you register through the Service and submit Personal Information to create a profile, and through use of the Service generate certain Personal Information, other Clarifruit Users from your organization or who use the same account, will see your Personal Information, and you hereby consent to such sharing of your Personal Information.
- Aggregate information and non-identifying information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, usage analytics, statistical purposes, demographic profiling and other purposes.
- Service providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services (e.g., maintenance and support services, database management and processing, web analytics and improvement of the Service’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Compliance with laws and law enforcement. Clarifruit cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We can disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process including, but not limited to, subpoenas, to protect the property and rights of ClariFruit or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
- Business transfers. Clarifruit may sell, divest, transfer, assign, share or otherwise engage in a transaction that involves, some or all of our assets, including any or all of the information described in this Policy, in the course of a corporate divestiture, merger, acquisition, joint venture, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or any other similar transaction or proceeding.
- Consent transfers. Transfer to a third party subject to the relevant consent of the information subject.
How You Can Protect Your Privacy
You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
- Email communications. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive email communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
- Location information. You can stop sharing location information at any time by changing the settings in your mobile device. For further information please consult your device’s manual.
In the conduct of our business, we may sell certain of our assets. Information collected from users of the Service, including personal information, could be transferred as part of such transaction. By submitting your personal information through the Service, you agree that your information may be transferred to third parties under such or similar circumstances.
The Services is not directed to individuals under the age of 18, and we request that these individuals not provide personal information through the Service. If your child has submitted Personal Information and you would like to request that such Personal Information be removed, please contact us.
How to Contact Us